Difference between Xanax and Valium

FORUM INDEX Specific Medicines Difference between Xanax and Valium

This topic contains 27 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by srb888 srb888 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)
  • Author

alumni
    Participant

I received Valium from a well know source years ago for panic attacks.
    Now however , I just take Xanax for anxiety 1 mg 3 times a day.
    Can you tell me which one is working the best for you?

fatalframe
    fatalframe
    Participant

I’m thinking it could vary from person to person. I mean the overall effects of a substance depends highly on body chemistry. that is not to be forgotten about when it comes down to benzos.

alumni
    Participant

thats true, I have noticed how valium seems to have much more power to it in the evening. anyone else feel the same way?

ChillyCat
    ChillyCat
    Participant

I agree with the poster above, but in my experience brand name rivotrils are working best and they seem to be lasting alot longer than the vals.

Mira
    Mira
    Participant

for me the best one is definitely and always has been valium, its the number 1 for me and it always will be no matter what anyone says! not anyone will make me change my opinion on that ,thats for sure.

gumbeaux
    Participant

ok @mira, I think we get the point…..

ChillyCat
    ChillyCat
    Participant

I like valiums too just for a snack so to speak( probably not as much as Mira likes them ). However I think the rivotrils gives a better high but my main point of taking them is just for sleep and relaxing, also I just take it whenever I feel like it ,usually its in the morning or late evening . That is of course if Im not experiencing a panic attack, then I will take a couple of pills at once to calm everything down for a while. I think the half life of clonazepam is 12 to 13 hours or around that range, so it actually stays in your body the whole day.

jayther
    jayther
    Participant

@alumni Depends on simply how much valium you’re taking. In my experiences it can be as good as rivotrils. I even can feel the roche vals when im only taking 5mg’s, and thats a good dose for me that keeps me in the zone when i need it.
    Rivotril would work also, however, in the event that you are in possesion of the 2 mg tabs you may consider cutting them in half. that way you avoid getting the whole dose at once and you can always take the second half later .
    Valium is quite relaxing and keeps me going.
    Rivotril/ klonopin appears a little better thus for panic attacks, but for general stress I would go with Valium any day of the week.

GreenThumb
    GreenThumb
    Participant

hi all :bye:
    I am really happy I have found this thread.

I have been using/ taking Vals for a long time time just for different symptoms, but especially migraines and anxiety. But im using just a little,like no more than what I can afford to if thats make sense.

the problem for me is that lately during the past season Ive not had access to the best iop’s ,or cheapest iops if I can say that. So…. basically I have been throwing my money in the garbage (almost) . thats to funny, but
    if anyone could PM or post up a cheap source I would be forever grateful to you.
    thanks.

fish farmer
    fish farmer
    Participant

That is kind of a tough one to decide on, as most benzodiazepins are basically the same thing, not really but thats the main point here To give an example from the top of my head,
    Lorazepam, clonazepam , flunitrazepam, and alprazolam are 10 to 20 times more powerful than a dose of diazepam, and alprazolam ranks just above diazepam when it comes to power of the medicine itself.

If I read your post right, you’ve been taking these subtances for several years, which will need a slow tapering down to lower levels. For people taking less than 30 milligrams a day I wouldnt worry too much Because personally Ive been on 200 mg a day without any serious addiction issues.
    Please notice, I’m NOT an licensed doctor , but upon request I do treat patients privately in my house.

Anyway that was a little off the track there, but basically all benzos taken for more than 60 days could necessitate a tapering down regime to stop any unwanted withdrawal symptoms. meds such as buspar are great for that purpose, that said symptoms are often inor with benzos, it could be a beating heart, some even replace benzodiazepins totally with SSRI’s such as paxil . in my opinion its helpful for stress but thats about it. Personally, I take 8 milligrams a day of klonopin for sleep ,and Im also consuming my shake each morning which consist of 40 grams of protein, 3 mg rohyonol, 20 mg valium , 1 mg alprazolam gulped down on a empty stomach.
    that combination is helping me avoid any Panic in the early hours, and its gets me into the right gear, it’s been really helpful for me and I’ve had no need to raise my morning shake dose over a decade. About tapering off, I discussed with my MD, but she was completely stupid. she actually suggested abolishing my morning shake’s alltogether and i’l never ever do that.
    anyway all the best to all of you B-)

KKS
    Participant

Personally, Im all for valium over rivotril and alprazolam. I suppose those other 2 did not give the relaxing feeling that valium does to me. It also did not appear to be more powerful than valium/klonopin in the long run.Although that might need to do with my supplier as well as other factors.) I never found one to work quicker in relation to the other. All benzodiazepines I have ever tried appear take about forty-five mins to really start working. I do have serious social anxiety and panic attacks, so benzo-popping have now become part of my daily routine.

Benzos are not the best choice though, if you’re looking for long-term treatment of stress, as in, a medicine that you take daily. I’d recommend staying away from benzos entirely, Imean if your not already on them then its better to start out with something else first.

Other meds that have helped me with stress are hydroxyzine and neurontin, and tramadol have done wonders for my anxiety too.

KKS
    Participant

here I got a helpful graph for comparison of the different benzos outthere:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_benzodiazepines

john lurker
    john lurker
    Participant

Thanks for the graph KKS, but when you are attempting to use only benzos,without supplementing with any uppers at all, I just feel I get a bit drowsy all day. I was given bromazepam many years back, the brand name I cant remember but I believe they were made in france or something. it did in fact help take the edge off my divorce, and as soon as I got some adhd meds to supplement it ,I literally had the whole world under my control.

OwlieWeeWacker
    OwlieWeeWacker
    Participant

Uppers such as adderall and ritalin have a tendency to make me feel that way too. No surprise there.

notcharlotte
    notcharlotte
    Participant

hi OWW,
    My doctor will not prescribe benzos for Stress but I do pretty well with citalopram(celexa) and propanalol (beta blocker). I am amazed at how much these non-benzos control my stress. On the flip side, there isnt that much of a euphoria or no ahhhhhhhh the minute when they kick in it actually is. I needed to recall how nervous I was to recognize any difference between now and when I started the drugs. I believed when she told me these meds would work for stress, she was full of shit. Believe it or not, they actually do work.and yeah, I just love ritalin and how it gets me in the right mood at the right time 🙂

john lurker
    john lurker
    Participant

for me the best thing for anxiety /sleep problems is benzos, with a close second being pain meds.

MMH
    MMH
    Participant

I feel that the best way to use these substances is separately. benzos one day followed by one day rest ,and then adderall for a day or two before changing back to valiums again. works for me

Mecha
    Mecha
    Participant

Valium all the way for me 🙂

galaxier
    galaxier
    Participant

valium is the classic benzo but xanax gives some people a extra kick that valium seems to lack ,for me I don’t really care if it’s a benzo I’l take it 😉

Ocean View
    Ocean View
    Participant

Does anyone actually use Pfizer xanax anymore? I often read of other brands and have not seen anybody pointing out Pfizer..These are the only ones I can get from my supplier and have been quite good to this point….Then again I never used another brand so I cannot really compare. are the rectangle-shaped xanax I get similar to the other brands? They have truly been life-savers for my stress and anxiety.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.