I received a phone call from my bank after ordering lasix from awc-drugstore.com

FORUM INDEX Internet Security and Safety I received a phone call from my bank after ordering lasix from awc-drugstore.com

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by CahMoney CahMoney 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Nola
    Nola
    Participant

My partner and I were puzzled why we didn’t get an email that our credit card charge went through on the awc-drugstore site. then a couple of hrs later I get a phone call from my bank about a questionable charge to my card. They wanted to make sure this was done by me and they also confirmed who the vendor was. I confirmed that I made the purchase and mentioned the URL of the pharmacy after they told me the initials that showed up as the sellers. This in itself is not that much of a worry it’s just that someone made mention of the some kind of Tracking System thhat they use. does anyone know if that is always the case when paying with a card? Never have received one of these calls from my bank before :scratch:

beachbro
    beachbro
    Participant

I would be careful in the future and probably go with another payment option if I were you, just to be safe. Don’t want to have too many paper trails unless you have to.

Nola
    Nola
    Participant

was just reading on another forum and a few guys were saying that awc-drugstore were asking for Social security#’s now. anyhow in my opinion, money orders and bitcoin are truly the only near untraceable payment methods, and cash of course . Perhaps prepaid visa is a better idea….many fly-by-night sources exist that would be used by their bank customers and those can involve 100s and even 1000s of dollars per purchase. So take care everyone.

jayrat14
    jayrat14
    Participant

I have had my financial institution call me about orders I’ve placed online in the past. If it isn’t a thing you do on a regular basis they may possibly call to make sure it isn’t fraud/scam. It’s not just for IOP’s, but any company.

CahMoney
    CahMoney
    Participant

Same thing here. the fraud department of my credit card company called with regards to purchases made by me,and not only a couple of questions either.. What can really put them on alert is if you have had charges that were not authorized before on your credit-card, or whenever you make multiple purchases around the same time. They are not interested in what you are buying, they just want to make sure that it’s really you, that are in fact making those purchases.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.