Using kratom for chronic pain

FORUM INDEX Kratom Discussion Using kratom for chronic pain

This topic contains 13 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  billyboy 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    t0mmy
    t0mmy
    Participant

Until I found kratom I was just in pain day in and day out each and every day. I do take recommended medication for this condition but unless I used the medication in large doses, it was doing me no good at all..

Kratom has changed all of that for me and for the time on the times I take kratom it is like awakening up as new person with no discomfort at all, so I look forward to my ‘kratom days’…..

Because I do not want to build up a tolerance to kratom I only take it on Monday and then both Wednesday and the weekend. The rest of the days of the week I am taking my prescribed medicine and just coping with the pain through the nights…..

For me, I take Red Thai at seven gms, Red Thai can also be a sedative drug for me, I really do get a sedative effect from it as it is wearing off but it does take care of the pain. I also will switch with Bali at seven grms because it does not seem to have the relxing effects on me at all…

I have figured out and agree that the ‘amount’ or ‘dose’ is not a set amount, it does amount to a little test and error to each person independently… my best suggestion would be to start at a couple of grms and increase from there until you find the level that offers you with the results you are lookin for.

rodvan
    rodvan
    Participant

What time of day is it best to take it? I only took a couple of grams of red maeng da last night at 6:30 evening. That seems to be a lot for me right now. I don’t know if that’s a especially powerful strain or not. I’m baffled now about what I actually purchased and which was the free sample they sent me. Looked it up. Is red maeng da the same thing as shiva maeng da? If it is – uh oh – perhaps I started off with one of the most powerful!

I also have “parvati red thai”, also from onlinekratom. And also “red vein thai” which I bought from another shop. I’ll try one of these next.

rodvan
    rodvan
    Participant

I actually ordered 15 grams “premier shiva maeng da” (written as red maeng da” on the package…I guess that means the same thing) from OnlineKratom, and they sent me a free sample of 10g “Premier Parvati Red Thai”. and the former was what I tried last night, only because it was the first package that jumped out.

Here’s how OnlineKratom describes it:

“PREMIER SHIVA MAENG DA™ (Ultra-Fine Enhanced Maeng Da Kratom)
    Premier Shiva Maeng Da™ Kratom, like our Shiva Maeng Da™, contains some of the highest amounts of active alkaloids in a Kratom strain, making it extremely powerful. The process of grinding then filtering it down to an ultra-fine powder consistency ensures that you are receiving the purest, most lively form of kratom available to man :good:

abovethelaw
    abovethelaw
    Participant

I take it for long-term pain. A dose around 4 grams works for me about two to three times a day. Sometimes I take less and last night took too much.. Felt sick to my abdomen after 5g. There are others here that use it for stomach soreness, it may take some time for more response but dosing is different for everyone and it is trial and error in the beginning. I encourage you to keep trying if you feel kratom might help with discomfort. It has been incredible with treating my pain thats for sure. I am fairly new but in the start I ordered sample packs but I was also coming off off a suboxone /oxymorphones and valium ride. I tapered down very low and made the change. I work hard to keep my tolerance low but it does take a lot more for many people and if you find the right seller you can make it work within your budget. I wish you luck.

dennis727
    dennis727
    Participant

To avoid tolerance, do you find it is better to take more grms or more dosages in a day. (i.e. four grams three times a day or what?

t0mmy
    t0mmy
    Participant

I usually don’t use mine until around 7 in the morning so that it will last me longer into the day.. a couple of grams is a very lite amount in comparison to my dose, I’d feel better if I could get the desired outcomes on what you take… I have not yet tried red maeng da but am considering it in my next order… Sounds to me you are going along on the best track, I have found it a good idea to keep your own Kratom Diary with the type you took, the quantity, and the impact it had. This way you have a resource to refer back to .

abovethelaw
    abovethelaw
    Participant

I think that is great information. That’s what I did before ordering it. I wrote notes in a notebook about thais and borneo’s. I try to steer clear of strains I have by no means have heard of. I recently had the fun of trying a green kali and it kicked my butt and my pain right away.

codoxycow
    codoxycow
    Participant

@dennis727 more grs in a day and more dosages in a day for me 😉

Nickel
    Participant

Green cali is the best kratom Ive ever tried in my life. Its so good i slept for 20 hours without any brakes.

manolo1234
    manolo1234
    Participant

Maeng da all the way for me

jayther
    jayther
    Participant

personally I dont like kratom at all, it may be just me but a valium or xanax just gives me a much better buzz all together.

brandon6467
    brandon6467
    Participant

Kratom is good, but you have to be careful not to overdo it. I know of one guy he did too much and as a result he went into a phsycosis for 11 months.

dzuster
    dzuster
    Participant

I agree with Brandon here. do it with moderation, or face the consequences later on.

billyboy
    Participant

Kratom is quite a mild drug overall, it wont kill you thats for sure 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.