Western Union asking for receiver's ID

FORUM INDEX Payment Methods Western Union asking for receiver's ID

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by cpa-hydro-market cpa-hydro-market 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    manolo1234
    manolo1234
    Participant

I had an experience trying to use Western Union to pay for an order from a vendor. These people called me after I made the transfer claiming they weren’t able to let it go through until I provided some “receiver information”. Pretty much they wanted the receiver’s complete address, phone number and their nationality. At first I said I did not have this info on hand. But then I came to the realization that western union just can’t know if those details are correct or not. So I Googled the area code for the location of this vendor, and made up a fake phone number and country. Called back and all was good – the transfer was sent through. Anyone else had similar experiences? This was the 1st time for me and I have used WU probably 100 times or more. They must just be trying to make you verify that you know the receiver :unsure:

cpa-hydro-market
    cpa-hydro-market
    Participant

I haevn’t had this happen yet then again I’ve only used western union a couple of times. I suppose that’s true that they just can’t know their address and contact number. I would have thought that the receiver might have to match the ID that was given when collecting the funds, at least it used to be that way.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.