Adderall or/and Ritalin to combat depression?

FORUM INDEX Anxiety Meds & treatment Adderall or/and Ritalin to combat depression?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Brak Brak 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    JellyFish
    JellyFish
    Participant

Anyone used Adderall or Ritalin to deal with major depression? I had a couple of Adderall’s and they worked great for me, but my doctor won’t prescribe it. I’m constantly falling asleep during the day so I feel I would benefit from either of those or Dexedrine to stay awake. Anybody have any experiences with this? Is Ritalin comparable to Adderall in it’s effect? How long does it usually last?

Administrator
    Administrator
    Keymaster

Both Adderrall and ritalin will relieve the symptoms of your depression for the exact same reason opiates will: they induce euphoria. Adderrall is basically just dexedrine and another amphetamine combined, and ritalin is similar to amphetamines- they both directly impact dopamine levels in the brain which causes excitement and euphoria.

HerbAr
    HerbAr
    Participant

Ritalin is similar to adderall, it usually lasts about 5 hrs. Adderall lasts several hours more, but both of them can be found in long acting versions that can last up to 20 hours. I have been prescribed both drugs for ADHD. Also, anybody would benefit from dexedrine or similar amphetamines, regardless of whether or not they had a problem because those medications can make anyone high in the sense that the person become more energetic, determined and feel much better.

Brak
    Brak
    Participant

Adderall +1

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.