Alzheimers Side effects/ Depression

FORUM INDEX Off topic chat Alzheimers Side effects/ Depression

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by fatboy fatboy 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    sageVisitor
    sageVisitor
    Participant

My friend’s wife is in the mid stages of Alzheimer’s disease. We recently talked on the phone and she mentioned she was “so sad.” So heeres a question: Does anyone here have knowledge of an antidepressant that will help with the depression associated with Alzheimer’s disease? My little sister was on a collection of drugs at the end, but I think most of them were for the nurses’ sake, Things to keep her sedated and under control. So to my question, Does anyone here have firsthand knowledge of an antidepressant that will help with the depression associated with this terrible disease?

fatboy
    fatboy
    Participant

can youprovide some information on the progression of that disease? Right now the person I know, can’t walk easily, needs a wheelchair now as hes all over the place,. Of course the dude can’t use the bathroom nor take a proper bath either I wonder at times if thats same for other people living with the disease :scratch:

xcheck44
    xcheck44
    Participant

your question is about antidepressant that will help with the depression associated with Alzheimer’s disease? Listen please, to correct identify depression in a person with Alzheimer’s cannot too easy, since a decline in memory i.e. dementia can treat some of the similar indications. Hence, in the market a lot of antidepressants meds available to treat depression.

fatboy
    fatboy
    Participant

Xcheck44 Read the feedback before you speak, or IL teach you…

regarding sages post, I’m sorry to hear you lost your sister through Alzheimer’s disease. When testing out the idea of being a health professor in my 40’s, I worked in a excellent medical facility that gave superior care to patients from a ward that was basically assisted living, and as the disease progressed, the clients were moved through four wards – that building. I asked to work with the most difficult cases, but previously worked with those whose thoughts were abit fucked up, severely impaired and they were functional, but required a great deal of support. In health field I’m in now, I’ve worked with clients with progressive Alzheimer’s disease, providing therapy. Supportive mostly, letting them get in touch with their fears, their anger and motivating them in this adjustment. I know this was longwinded, but the first line of defense with this illness is for the client to be absolutely diagnosed for the illness by a psychological. At that point, this professional can either refer the client to a psychiatrist who has experience with the depression, and often the psychosis, as well as intense mood changes clients have due to the Alzheimer’s disease. I’m not speaking as a layperson with you, and know you’ve been through it all in your own household, but there’s no absolute remedy asking a GP or internist to prescribe that.. Then finding a psychiatrist or neurologist who has empathy and experience with medications to suit the various shifts in status as it occurs. Let me know if I can help further with this, Okay guys?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.