Back and knee pain

FORUM INDEX Kratom Discussion Back and knee pain

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by notcharlotte notcharlotte 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    t0mmy
    t0mmy
    Participant

I am making use of kratom to deal with persistent pain from degenerative arthritis in both of my knees. Kratom does a very good job but my fear is building up a level of resistance or tolerance to it. Osteo arthritis is a daily pain to live with, can I take kratom daily and not really build a tolerance? About eight gm a day makes the soreness much much less??? Any thoughts?

galaxier
    galaxier
    Participant

Seriously I have kept the same dose for a couple years now. I think the key is maintaining the dose as low as you can but still at a level that delivers relief. Avoid the urge to raise the dose unless of course you really need to. Early on, when I began this journey with K, It helped too but I was always increasing my dose, trying to maintain a mood improvement and relief from pain and other things. I actually think that particular alkaloids can start developing and blocking some of the benefits when the dose is high, leading it to not work as well, which makes you increase your dose, which then dose the same thing as the certain alkaloids build up. Anyhow, I got advise similar to this one day from an knowledgeable user. He told me to bring down my dose, let my body adjust to the lower dose, and after I adjusted to it, it started healing my issues again. If I avoid the urge to raise it(or if I really need to raise for a day or two only by .5 to one gram), it keeps on working for me. That said, if you’re not at a very high dose and it’s clearly not working, then by all means raise it right away. It’s just been my experience now that keeping it lower seems to be the best way overall.

W9go
    W9go
    Participant

I would add one thing to that: Switch strains fairly often. keep the dose as low as effective, and you’ll be fine. Switching strains doesn’t let your human anatomy get bored with one alkaloid profile. Changing strains keeps your nervous system on its feet; it has to pay more attention to a new strain’s mix of alkaloids. I forget where I overheard this, but it works.
    I use an additional strategy for reconstructing the cartilage in my knees and deltoids and that is to feed my self health supplements which contain the building blocks of cartilage material.

t0mmy
    t0mmy
    Participant

Thanks guys for writing back to me with so much ‘food for thought’, you have offered me alot of ideas and I will be also be looking into the video clip you mention… As I told you guys, I take eight grms a day but I haven’t be rotating so I will begin rotating right away and so my worry is taking 8 grms a day does that bring me to a level where tolerance would come to be an issue?

DMD
    Participant

I had no idea kratom helped to build your cartiladge. So you actually gain new muscles by using this ?

KKS
    Participant

If it really does build muscles, Im gonna get me some of that for sure.

Administrator
    Administrator
    Keymaster

Remember, muscles and cartilages are two different things.

DulyNoted
    DulyNoted
    Participant

I feel that kratom helps both for my muscles and cartilages. I have severe back pain and kratom just takes away the pain like nothing else.

notcharlotte
    notcharlotte
    Participant

I like kratom too. it does help but not really for severe pain. thats my opinion anyways 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.