Cheaper medications Overseas

FORUM INDEX General talk about IOP’s Cheaper medications Overseas

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Boriss Boriss 22 hours, 12 minutes ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jayrat14
    jayrat14
    Participant

I was shocked when I called my doc, asked for a prescription for acyclovir ( I get fever-blisters on my lips) and when I called my local pharmacy the rx was $132 OUCH!! I searched online & ordered from a thailand based iop I found on this forum & the rx excl shipping was $45.00! They are made here & shipped out & still cheaper over there. Makes me sick. Not really, I got my meds within 10 days, no rx needed & saved a lot of $$$. Thanks Max!

Zwiefist
    Zwiefist
    Participant

@jayrat14
    That’s a patent thing, you have to remember that the drug companies spend enormous amounts and wait years to get drugs certified. In some cases even with a laughably high price for say 20 years they don’t even recoup their expenses. It’s intended to be a big bucks business, but they have winners and lossrs… and when they lose, they lose BIG. Business doesn’t change its fundamental Rules of economics just because it produces and sells drugs people need. If it did, the drug companies would soon run out of money for research and growth, Be glad you can get cheaper drugs in Canada, and go do it. But don’t insist that companies become charitable organizations. There are a couple of ways to finance anything. Let the market do it, which means acknowledging that someone might profit, or let the government do it, meaning the most inefficient and wasteful processes, the highest costs and the fewest returns. if the price to be paid for this situation is either high priced pills or trips to Canada, then it is what it is.

MRNUTTY
    MRNUTTY
    Participant

drug manufactures spending massive amounts to get a drug approved is what the drug companies say. I’ve heard it’s much closer to two hundred million dollars to bring a new drug to the market. drug companies want to make as much money as possible, when a patent runs out, they try and get it renewed in any way (possibly bribing an official). Often times you will see a drug patent run for longer than fifteen years. Often times they will make subtle changes to a drug in order to get a new patent and put out a new medication.

Boriss
    Boriss
    Participant

I found out about onlinedrugbuyers.com from a australian drug manufacturing link- lots of information here.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.