Do you drink while on xanax, prazepam ?

FORUM INDEX Anxiety Meds & treatment Do you drink while on xanax, prazepam ?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Westend OP Westend OP 1 day, 23 hours ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

goldrims
    Participant

Share your experiences.

HerbAr
    HerbAr
    Participant

Mixing benzodiazepines with alcohol is always a bad idea. You should not drink while using hypnotics, Keep that in mind.

fatboy
    fatboy
    Participant

Good way to lose your freedom. But I do not drink alcohol because I HAVE to take Xanax daily. Mixing Xanax and alcohol is deadly and I advise everyone to read the warnings on the label. And please please, learn from someone who has to take it for a sleeping disorder.

DrugMaster
    DrugMaster
    Participant

When I took xanax back in the day, I drank quite a bit generally. Until I had a tolerance and was taking it daily it very well could cause amnesia and blackouts. But once I had developed tolerance for the xanax there were no further blackouts or symptoms unless I really spiked the dosage to more than a dozen If you do decide to mix alcohol and benzos don’t go to nightclubs ,bars or public places. Unless you are in complete control of your surroundings.

rightInTwo
    rightInTwo
    Participant

Im in the same boat here.At one point in my life I used to drink around 1 1/2 litre of scotch whiskey a day, it got to a point where I was using it for both pain relief in combination with oxycontin, and to sleep (I am a complete insomniac) … I then turned to benzo’s only to cut down on the alcohol and oxycodone, and have a proper solution to my sleep issues. With the help of xanax I am down to around half a bottle of Whiskey in the evening (used to get pissed every lunch time at work too to help me manage my busy schedule) plus 2-3 x 2mg xanax pills a day. I have never had a problem with mixing them, but thats probably my alcohol tollerance, I have at times (such as the office christmas party last year) drank a lot of alcohol and been on benzo’s and other recreational drugs so won’t recommend. you may have certain regrets the next day B-)

benarate
    benarate
    Participant

Depends on tolerance, drinking 2 six packs of coronas , couple of percs and three bars of snickers and still able to function. just me. but if you did this the first time your probably in the hospital getting your stomach pumped.

Westend OP
    Westend OP
    Participant

No, I do not drink alcohol because I HAVE to take Xanax, oxycodone and other pain meds. Mixing Xanax and alcohol is deadly and I advise everyone to read the warnings on the label. And please please, learn from someone who has to take it for an anxiety disorder. If you don’t need it, don’t take it. The withdrawals when you quit can be a nightmare. You could get addicted and how are you going to taper or get help if a doctor hasn’t prescribed it? If you don’t need it thank your lucky Stars and move on. I am moving to Mexico soon myself.

Martha Alvarez
    Martha Alvarez
    Participant

Definitely a bad idea… I have been guilty of it & generally just don’t remember what went down.It’s when you get to’d it gets worrying… mixing booze with benzos can be bad for you westend,But….of course I did read your other thread where you were assaulted by your room mates… 🙂

Westend OP
    Westend OP
    Participant

I would like to leave this conversation as that was not funny at all. Please delete your post @Martha Alvarez

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.