Narcotic and non narcotic pain relievers

FORUM INDEX Pain & its treatment Narcotic and non narcotic pain relievers

This topic contains 25 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by Zwiefist Zwiefist 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    cpa-hydro-market
    cpa-hydro-market
    Participant

Well, you could, but when you stop taking them, you may or may not experience withdrawal and the need for more. Which in other words is dependency.

Zwiefist
    Zwiefist
    Participant

I absolutely understand what you are saying, why would you want to be a slave to something, especially opiates. I also think that If I am happy in all other areas of my life, then what’s the big deal. I enjoy hydrocodone & oxy, for many reasons. But that’s not really the problem, im speaking hypothetically, if I were to take an oxy 80 every morning for the rest of my life, what could happen to me health-wise? If you smoke every day, you could get lung cancer. If you drink soft drinks every day you could get diabetic issues, ect… With all of my habits, it seems that opiates are the better options

BuckEyeFan
    BuckEyeFan
    Participant

If you only took a couple of 40mg OxyContin pills per day for the rest of your life, you would most likely not have negative health effects. The problem for many people is that they need larger and larger doses over time for the same pain-killing effects. Patients susceptible to addiction can escalate into uncontrolled habits (such as those noted above). I think you sound naive and ignorant about this subject and should really try to learn more. I cannot count the number of addicts I’ve worked with who started with ill-informed viewpoints.

alin
    alin
    Participant

I’m in the same boat here – so what if I took5 x 30mg oxycontin /day? I just find it hard to believe that something like oxycontin isn’t as bad for me as soft drinks. Addiction, the word itself, has a stigma associated with it that we have to get rid of. What if Im addicted to beneficial things like workout and eating the daily allotment of fiber? Running has been known to be habit-forming. If I run day after day, and if thats not enough, twice a day, my knees might give out, or I might get shin splints, but not if I exercise properly and eat correctly. I’m looking for a truthful answer, I would like to be as educated as all of you.

beachbro
    beachbro
    Participant

No, you will not perish if you take oxycodone for the rest of your life. But it seems you only plan to take it because you like the way you feel on them. After a short while, maybe three or four weeks into taking them you will not be getting that Buzz. So take a break from time to time. Same principle as do not overtrain – Sorry if that is not what you want to hear but this is how it will be. Here is where it gets interesting. You are going to need more pills and cash. If you don’t have an issue with getting large amounts of money to keep your dream alive you will suffer from a very bad ending. Look. Even the people who really need medication for pain and have been taking drugs for years, I have been a lifer on and off, and its all about controlling your doses. I have to battle going on in my head daily. Good luck my friend and I hope you can take a little about what I wrote and use it correctly.

Zwiefist
    Zwiefist
    Participant

Well said, my friend

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.