Sleep apnea questions

FORUM INDEX Anxiety Meds & treatment Sleep apnea questions

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by seashells seashells 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jayrat14
    jayrat14
    Participant

I have a few questions to the knowledgeable people on here…. heres what happened. I just woke up out of a dream that I couldn’t breath, I just could not inhale air and it kept getting worse until I finally managed to wake up (dunno if anyone has been semi-consious while you are sleeping,anyhow, when I finally woke u from my dream, I jumped up immediately to take a breath, I was nearly blacking out. Is this sleep apnea? I now when you have sleep apnea, you can suddenly stop breathing. It kinda has me rattled a little bit, it was really scary. Let me note that in the dreamlike state before I finally woke up, I was consious enough to realize I wasn’t breathing, I also tried to move and it wasn’t working. I know for a minute I was “half asleep” (I was almost in a paralyzed state of mind) Best way too explain it is if you ever woke up and knew you were getting a charlie horse in your leg so you dive out of bed to move your leg, obviously I’m having trouble explaining this, but it was really really scary!

seashells
    seashells
    Participant

From the limited knowledge I have about sleep apnea, it does not cause one to suddenly wake up in the middle of the night. But maybe you are different. Any chance you consumed any anti-depressants the same night?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.