Thoughts on dihydrocodeine for pain

FORUM INDEX Pain & its treatment Thoughts on dihydrocodeine for pain

This topic contains 10 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by fingerFlip fingerFlip 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    babba
    babba
    Participant

How does D.H.C works for pain compared to something like Oxycodone or Hydrocodone?
    Just wondering if this stuff can even be put in the same class as far as effectiveness goes?

lestatt
    lestatt
    Participant

“DHC” Is allegedly ten times stronger than Codeine by itself, but Codeine can be obtained in pure form (allowing one to take a good amount at once), as where DHC usually contains other stuff thats added to discourage abuse.

babba
    babba
    Participant

Thanks for the details lestat. did not know that about the DHC containing other ingredients.

omega
    omega
    Participant

I have been thinking about dihydro as well. I’ve read some people really enjoy it. So is the consensus that pure dhc is better than codeine for pain? How do you know the dosage of say codeine compared to standard hydrocodone?

SpyWiz
    SpyWiz
    Participant

it is entirely depending on your body hormone balance as to the effectiveness of any drug.
    Personally i think if Dihydrocodeine is strong enough to deal with opiate withdrawal than it can cope with many problems except things like alcohol withdrawal,in which case you would be looking at a whole different kind of medicine.

SupremeLeader
    SupremeLeader
    Participant

.As far as im informed pound for pound Dihydrocodeine is stronger than the phosphate version. Phosphate tends to come in 30mg or sixty mg while DHC comes in twenty mg thirty mg,sixty mg,ninety mg and 120 mg – To give you some kind of perspective if you were on a rehabilitation ward the most you could hope for would be 60mg DHC per dose but i didnt find that was enough,and phosphate would need the double for same effect.I found that i needed double what the docs said-however it did work,and worked well.

Of course it depends on how much pain your in,all i know is that opiate withdrawl was the single most painfull experience of my life so far,multiple bones broken in acidents,falling down the stairs, beaten to a pulp, displaced knuckles[from getting my hands crushed by a hammer], dislocated knee/torn ligaments,dislocated shoulder due to a bouncer slamming me to the ground[that does hurt lol] but none of these are close to the discomfort i had with WD’s.

Best thing you can do , try them both and see what works best for you.

DB Dicey
    DB Dicey
    Participant

I do like dihydrocodeine better than codeine, but if I were to choose between oxycodone and DHC I would def go with oxycodone. as for hydrocodone it works similar to DHC for me so in that case I would probably go with the cheapest alternative

WizVodka
    WizVodka
    Participant

Ive found the exact opposite as you DB. I’ve found the oxycodon from thedonrx kind of gives a quick boost but the dihydrocodeine last much longer for me. its great on a saturday morning and the dose is still in effect until midnight. at least it feels that way.

Binky
    Binky
    Participant

Dicodin or centussin for DHC. Other brands are trash.

ladyghost
    ladyghost
    Participant

Dihydrocodeine will never, at any dose, compare to oxycodone for me, it’s great option for pain control IMO. If you are used to taking 10mg percs, you should get near equal pain relief at 50-60mgs of DHC. Good luck.

fingerFlip
    fingerFlip
    Participant

Interesting. Just be careful with your stomach and centussin binky. I have to take lots at certain time of the month and so my doc scripted me some liquid DHC to coat and protect my stomach. And my stomach is a rock more often than not. DHC can do a number on your stomach in doses above 180mg. In regards to oxycontin, I believe it’s one of the best pain relievres out there. My current doc won’t script it but he will script some hydro’s and soma’s, so I make do with that. I only take the vicodin at night. I really have tried every other pain med out there incl percocet for 5 years, just 3 a day and it worked great. Did not make me sleepy at all.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.